The British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (BSPGHAN)
- Last Updated on 19 November 2014
BSPGHAN is a professional organisation with the specific roles of promoting research, training and standards of clinical practice for health professionals and scientists in paediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition.
Visit our website - www.bspghan.org.uk
What we do...
BSPGHAN provides professional leadership and promotes standards of care for children with nutritional, gastrointestinal and hepatological disorders. Its membership includes consultants and specialist trainees in paediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition as well as specialist dietitians, nurses and nutrition pharmacists. The society supports research, training and education for members and the development of standards of care for children with nutritional disorders; it also gives advice and support to implement child-centred strategies to deliver nutrition assessment and nutrition support through the Nutrition & Intestinal Failure Working Group.
- Dr Alastair Baker, President, King’s College Hospital, London
- Nadeem Afzal, Convenor
- Girish Gupte, Treasurer
- Mr Mick Cullen, Chair Associate Members Group, Southampton
- Dr Fiona Cameron, Chair Trainees Group, Glasgow
- Dr Rafeeq Muhammed, Chair Education Group, Birmingham Children’s Hospital
- Dr Susan Hill, Chair Nutrition Working Group, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
- Ms Sarah Sleet, PPP Representative, Coeliac Society
- Dr Ieuan Davies, Chair Endoscopy Working Group, Cardiff
- Dr Adrian Thomas, CSAC, Manchester
- Mr Bruce Jaffray, BAPS Representative, Newcastle
- Dr Julian Thomas, Chair Research Group
- Professor Simon Murch, Chair Gastroenterology Group, Warwick
- Suzanne Davison, Chair Hepatology Group
- Bim Bhaduri, Chair PeGHAN Group
- Paul Henderson, Website Administrator