The 'MUST' Itself
- Last Updated: 29 October 2012
‘MUST’ BMI and weight loss charts
Following feedback and requests from users of ‘MUST’ the Malnutrition Action Group (MAG) has modified the ‘MUST’ BMI charts and weight loss charts, to extend the weight and height ranges, to cater for smaller and larger individuals and also to make them easier and quicker to use.
Additional versions of weight loss charts based either on current weight and weight loss in last 3-6 months or current weight and weight 3-6 months ago are also available. Both are available in metric and imperial to suit individual preferences.
BAPEN and its Standing Committee the Malnutrition Action Group (MAG) acknowledges the support of the British Dietetic Association (BDA), the Royal College of Nursing (RCN), the Registered Nursing Home Association RNHA) and the Royal College of Physicians in the dissemination of 'MUST'.
'Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool' materials are available here to view and download in PDF format. Printed copies are also available to purchase from the BAPEN office.
'Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool' materials are also available in the following languages:
The 'MUST' itself - in A4 and A5 printed formats to purchase at £2.50 each inc p&p (discounts are available for bulk orders - please contact the BAPEN Office). 6 pages 2-fold format or as separate pages with BMI Chart, weight loss score chart, 5 step 'MUST' flowchart, alternative measurements instructions & tables.
- The 'MUST' is freely available to use for non-commercial purposes. If you wish to adapt the 'MUST' in any way, by adding an NHS Trust logo for example, or changing the management guidelines, copyright permission must be sought, and a copy of the adapted version sent to the BAPEN Office. 'MUST' artwork can be supplied for printing purposes.
- If 'MUST' is to be used for commercial purposes permission must be sought, a licence agreement signed & a licence fee paid before original artwork is provided by BAPEN. File copies of the materials produced must be sent back to the BAPEN Office.
- If 'MUST' is to be incorporated into materials for which BAPEN endorsement is sought, then a written proposal must be submitted to the BAPEN Office. Two months should be allowed for this process and a fee will be charged. Copies must be sent to the BAPEN Office.
- In every instance where 'MUST' is utilised (in print or on-line) the following wording must also appear: The 'Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool' ('MUST') is reproduced here with the kind permission of BAPEN (British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition). An indication must be made somewhere on the documentation that for further information on 'MUST' see www.bapen.org.uk.
The 'MUST' Itself – PDF Downloads