BAPEN Medical arranges a Teaching Day each year the day before the BAPEN Annual Meeting. Our teaching days are attended by a wide variety of professionals and attract good feedback.
The topics for previous teaching days include:
- 2007 - Update on Nutrition
2008 - Inflammatory Bowel Disease
(Including ESPEN LLL module “The Compromised Gut”)
- 2009 - Functional Bowel Disease
- 2010 - Cancer
2011 - Parenteral Nutrition
(Including ESPEN LLL module “Approach to Parenteral Nutrition).
- 2012 – Nutrition and Liver Disease (at DDF 2012)
- 2013 – Renal – Filtering out the controversies (including the ESPEN LLL Module Renal disease)
- 2014 – Nutritional Care in ICU (including the ESPEN LLL Module on Intensive Care)
- 2015 – Nutrition and Cancer (at DDF 2015)
- The planned teaching day for 2016 is Nutrition in the elderly and includes the LLL Module on this topic
Other meetings are arranged on a joint basis with other medical and surgical societies. These have included:
- 2008 - Liver Disease with British Society of Gastroenterology
- 2009 - Renal Disease with the Renal Association
- 2010 - Transition to Adult Care with British Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (BSPGHAN)
- 2012 – Combined meeting with The Pancreatic Society
BAPEN Medical is responsible for some of the symposia at main BAPEN each year and offers the Powell-Tuck prize for the best trainee abstract at each BAPEN Annual Meeting.