BAPEN Core Groups
BAPEN is an association of patients and professionals involved in nutritional care. Many BAPEN members are drawn from its Core groups, each representing a different patient/professional group.
Appetite for Life
We would like to share the story of a patient - Monsterrat Moya North (Montse) who, despite the severity of her condition gastroparesis has an inspiring ‘appetite for life’ and feels compelled to help others less fortunate than herself and raise awareness of her condition.
We work to support all nutrition patients and their carers through information, resources and networking. We also welcome and work with healthcare professionals, industry (in relation to products and services) and the general public and of course, PINNT members, both adults and children.
Visit our website - http://pinnt.com/
Our aims are:
- to promote greater understanding of the therapies amongst patients, potential patients and the medical profession.
- to provide contact between patients
- to work towards improving homecare services and range of equipment
- have a united voice to campaign for a better, flexible and safer service.
Over the years we have not only brought together patients from around the world, but also doctors, nurses, pharmacists, dietitians and other healthcare professionals, industry as well as other charities working in the field of artificial nutrition worldwide.
Carolyn Wheatley – Chair
Steven Brown – General Secretary
Richard Shawyer – Treasurer
Sylvia Cottee – Groups and Ambassadors
Debbie Phillips – Membership Secretary
Website - www.bpng.co.uk
BPNG aims to support its members by providing:
- Networking with peers in your speciality
- Opportunities to compare ideas and exchange information with others
- Access to international leaders in the field
- Opportunities to meet suppliers/manufacturers in a non-commercial forum
- Regular publications including twice yearly issues of the group newsletter 'Feeding Times' and periodic policy documents
- A forum to present research/audit/case studies and ideas
- Regular education events including our Fundamentals to Parenteral Nutrition Course – a beginners course for all health professionals
BPNG has produced a number of publications including:
- A position statement on Multi-Chambered Bags
- A Competency Framework for pharmacists working within Clinical Nutrition
- Handbook of Drug Administration via Enteral Feeding Tubes
- Information resource on Administration of drugs via enteral feeding tubes
- Patient Information Leaflet for PN
More information is available on the BPNG website
- Jackie Eastwood (Chairman)
- Ruth Newton (Vice Chairman)
- Dilusha Ghosh (Honorary Secretary)
- Dr Richard Smith (Honorary Treasurer)
- Peter Austin (Education Officer)
- Tony Murphy(Co-Ordinating Officer)
- Dr Allan Cosslett /Lucy Thompson/Dr Rebecca Price-Davies (Communications Officer)
- Venetia Horn (Development Officer – Paediatric)
- Rebecca White (Development Officer – Adult)
- Christina Wong (Research & Science Officer)
- Professor Mike Allwood (Co-opted Member)
- Sarah Zeraschi (Co-opted Member)
National Nurses Nutrition Group (NNNG)
The objective of the NNNG is to promote education in nutrition and related subjects for members of the nursing profession, for the public benefit, and especially for the benefit of patients in the hospital and community.
Visit our website - www.nnng.org.uk
What we do...
- Promote excellence in nutritional care for patients by promoting an increased awareness amongst nurses of disease related malnutrition and its consequences.
Provide education and support for healthcare professionals by:
- Providing opportunities for members to meet together for the purpose of discussing matters of common interest concerning disease related malnutrition.
- Promoting activities which will assist members working in the field of nutrition support to increase their knowledge and enhance their contribution to this subject.
- Contribute to local and national policy development in nutrition
- Promote the role of the Nutrition Nurse Specialist within a multi-disciplinary nutrition support team.
- Liz Anderson – Chair
- Tracy Wothers – Secretary
- Barbara Dovaston – Treasurer
- Claire Campbell – Comms officer
- Natalie Welsh – Conference liaison officer
- Krista Murray – Committee Member
- Jo Marston – Committee Member
Category for BAPEN Medical.